Monthly Column in The Eagle
- 5 Common Medicare Mistakes to Avoid — September 6, 2018
- Aging parents and hospitalization: your strategy in the event of “the call” — August 2, 2018
- A single parent’s retirement plan — July 6, 2018
- 5 Habits of Happily Retired People — June 7, 2018
Articles for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Wealth Advisor Insider E-Newsletter
- Mistakes to Avoid in Dividing the Nest Eggs — Splitting up the retirement accounts in a divorce is not as simple as many couples think. How to avoid key mistakes.
- Hidden Costs of Parenting After Divorce — — Raising children is a costly endeavor. Add in the difficulties of co-parenting with an ex-spouse and the costs can go even higher.
- Healthcare Reforms and Divorce — What does ObamaCare mean for divorcing couples?
- Family Business: Avoiding Divorce Disaster — — When there is a family business involved in a divorce proceeding, there are some important items to consider. Here are some dos and don’ts to think about.
- Can You Afford to Keep the House After Divorce? — Published by DivaCFO on March 19, 2013
- The Big Money Mistakes Divorcing Couples Make — Published by next avenue on March 27, 2013
- Accountants Use Their Skills in Divorce Arena — Published by AccountingWEB on September 18, 2014
- Divorce, Retirement Plans and Taxes — Published in Today's CPA , with co-author Debbie Webb
Articles on Money and Divorce
- The Financial Professional’s Role in a Collaborative Divorce
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO)
Useful Articles from the American Society of Certified Public AccountantsRead more...
Recent Blog Posts
- 4 Tips for Avoiding Investment Scams — October 8, 2018
- Dementia-Proof Your Retirement: Part IV, A Healthier Lifestyle — September 26, 2018
- Dementia-Proof Your Retirement: Part III, A Safer Home — September 12, 2018
- Dementia-Proof Your Retirement: Part II, Legal Considerations — September 4, 2018